Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 16 Sunday June 21 Fathers Day/ First Day of Summer

Grangeville to Lowell 50 miles Frank wrote this: I walked into the hotel and got into bed and fell asleep.This was an easy ride since half of it was downhill and half of it was flat. We had breakfast at the Hilltop Restaurant. There was a table of about 10 guys there who wanted to talk to us about the ride. One guy had lived in Monroe ( he had ridden a Giant comfort bike to the restaurant ) but had moved to Grangeville as Monroe got too busy. He wanted to know if I had ever ridden "that trail that goes from Woodinville to Gas Works Park" We rode along the Clearwater, with spectacular views, into Lowell (pop23) On one of our breaks,about 10 miles out of town, I met 3 young Nez Perce men who were fishing for rainbow. I had a nice talk with one of them who was involved with youth sports in Kooskia (Kooskee)Aside: the next day, we ran into 3 people, on different occasions, who knew this kid and commented on what a good athlete he had been.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to call on Sunday but I didn't have your number. I've got it now Emily texted it to me. Sound like you're having a good time still.

    ReplyDelete