Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 2: To the Pacific

Frank and Peter rode about 60 miles from Eugene to Florence for the dipping of the bicycle wheel into the Pacific Ocean. Barb and I picked them up in the car, we had dinner together and then came out to Colberg. People in the campgrounds are friendly and everyone has a unique story or situation. A Dad with a 12 yr. old son running remote control cars on the driveway are permanent residents here. Two college professors and their wives are on their way to Vancouver to catch an Alaska cruise ship. A WW II vet is travelling with his daughter and grand daughter looking for a place to live. He was a victim of foreclosure, he thinks Grants pass might be a nice place. Lots of really big rigs here and the RV park is 80% full on a Sunday night. We only saw one other tent.We had our first night in the tent and are still trying to sort out where we packed things.The tent is REALLY small. I do my first day of riding today about 45 miles. Barb will ride with us today.

1 comment:

  1. Mom - I can't believe you didn't dip your wheel in the Pacific. We talked about this. Whatever. Call me soon, I miss you.

    ReplyDelete