Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 11: June 16: Baker City to Oxbow 70.8 miles

Frank says this was the prettiest day of riding so far. We followed HW 86 and the Powder River all day. Huge expanses of beautiful cattle country. One 3 mile, 7% grade hill after lunch. No more needs to be said about that. Our campsite in Oxbow is right on the Snake River, we are into Idaho tomorrow.Some thoughts:** you know you are following another rider along the route by the banana peels on the shoulder. **there are only 4 considerations in a day : weather, mileage, food and elevation. **my favorite part is riding downhill standing up ... I feel like a kid. ** Frank has a favorite part but when he describes it, I don't get it so he is going to write it down for me. Then I will pass it along PS..I can't send photos because I need a real computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment