Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 18 Tuesday June 23 Naked Laundry!!

Powell to Missoula Montana: 59 miles Someone needs to invent a laundry for people who arrive at a place with ALL their clothes dirty. We can' t figure out what to wear while the laundry runs!Up and over Lolo Pass today. It is a good thing hills are like child birth or I wouldn't get back on my bike the next day. We are in Missoula for a day off. Went to the Adventure Cycling offices ( they make our maps) and they gave us ice cream, took our picture for their wall and generally made a fuss over us. We found out from the wall that the kid on the recumbent that had all the trouble with the broken spokes just left here yesterday. He has had a lot of trouble with his bike and had a new wheel shipped here. Missoula is very flat and there are cyclists, bike racks, bike lanes and parked bikes everywhere. Very few helmets.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Montana - wearing helmets is for non cowboy types.
    I remember visiting Missoula with some friends when I lived in MT - it was very flat and very boring to a bunch of college kids.

    Rebecca
    (I had to delete the other post - my spelling was bad)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just what did you wear while your laundry was being washed???I don't quite get how hills are like child birth - I thought the pain of child birth fades slowly from memory not by the next morning! Or is it the joy of flying down hill is like the happiness of a new baby????
    I enjoy keeping track of your location on google maps.

    ReplyDelete