Have not had WiFi for ages. Cannot remember when I last texted info. to Cheryl.
Berea to Booneville 64 mi. Then to Hindman 66 mi then to Breaks, VA 68 mi. Then to Rosedale 42 mi. We spent a night in a cyclist hostel with 4 British cyclists and a VERY flamboyant proprietor. We had a great breakfast and then headed off on what might have been our best cycling day. We rode with the 4 delightful British boys. Steep uphills with great downhills. Down through the hollows with the dogs barking a welcome. We are now in VA. We are almost done! We need to get to a bike store as I need a new set of brakes.
PS We rode in the rain all day and had to plead for a motel room. 150,000 people are in the area for NASCAR races. We are paying $ 115 on Friday night.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Allison, thanks so much for your kindness. I apologize for not serving your well-deserved ice cream sundae. I will always remember yours and Frank's visit with the four Brits. I had had so many negative family problems going on that day that I had forgotten to eat at all. Love you guys and hope that your final destination will be a great celebration. You make me feel so old. You should have used our internet service here.
ReplyDelete